We are an international experience design consultancy helping companies and organisations to innovate their products, services and processes by putting people and their experiences first.
To design valuable user experiences, companies have to understand how people really live their lives, now and in the future, and to design new products and services that address these insights. Experientia concentrates its activities on five areas, all driven by a total attention to the end-user, the person that is at the heart of what we do. They are:
- Envisioning: research and development of people-centred innovation scenarios and strategies,
- Understanding: in-depth analysis of people’s contexts and needs through qualitative research methods such as ethnographic observation and contextual inquiries,
- Design: people-centred strategies, concept and design development,
- Prototyping: iterative prototype development from paper to video, to software and hardware, and
- Testing: comprehensive user testing.
Download: Experientia glossary of methods [PDF]
Experientia was founded by four partners — Pierpaolo Perotto, Mark Vanderbeeken, Michele Visciola and Jan-Christoph Zoels — who each have over twenty years of international professional experience, creating a complementary set of skills, viewpoints and ideas. Experientia is open and collaborative, with a horizontal structure, and a hands-on approach from the partners, who are strongly involved in the projects.
We use the varied skill mix of our people to build teams based on your needs for your project.
With experts in strategy, design, usability and communications, cognitive and social psychology, ethnographic and user research, design and information architecture, and prototyping and programming, and with skills in over 16 languages, our very international staff can manage a diverse range of projects for you.
Clients and industries
We have worked with some of the biggest names in a wide range of industries. No matter what area you work in, we can help you to shape your customers’ experiences.
See our clients and industry on a world map