The people behind the upcoming IxDA Interaction14 conference organized on 6 April a panel discussion in Milan on the “Long View of Interaction Design”.
5 panelists debated with Interaction14 chair Alok Nandi on how to design for those interaction design challenges that go beyond the immediate consumer product/service launch cycle.
Note that due to technical difficulties, sound only starts at 0:10:15.
What if your interaction design has to be integrated in a hospital or a building or a city? How do you design if your creation has to last 10, 20 or even more years into the future? What tools can you use as an interaction designer? How do you make it adaptive and resilient? How to avoid obsolescence?
- Anna Meroni, Assistant professor of service and strategic design, Polytechnic University of Milan (IT)
- Claudio Moderini (@claudiomoderini), Director of the Master Programme in Interaction Design at Domus Academy, Milan (IT)
- Fabio Sergio (@freegorifero), Executive Creative Director, frog design, Milan (IT)
- Jan-Christoph Zoels, Founding Partner and Creative Director, Experientia, Turin (IT)
- Todd S. Harple (@tharple), Research Scientist / Anthropologist / Ethnographer, Intel Corporation, Hillsboro (USA)
- Alok Nandi (@aloknandi), Chair of Interaction14, Amsterdam (NL) and moderator of the discussion
The event was held at the Domus Academy in Milan who provided promotional and organizational support.