- Many of the gesture interfaces we see in innovative products can trace their roots back several decades.
- Gesture interfaces find more use than just in games and infotainment devices; they also control systems in industrial and medical environments.
- Much of what makes a gesture interface reliable and useful, such as inferring or predicting intent, is not obvious to the user.
- The success of an interface is in how well it handles uncertainty with the user.
- Devices with modern interfaces must consider how to manage wireless and network connectivity between systems so that they appear as one system to the user.