The event concludes the two-year Emude (Emerging User Demands for Sustainable Solutions) project that explored social innovation in 10 European countries. The research suggests possible links between the emergence of creative communities and new ideas on welfare – active welfare.
The seminar will present the main findings of the research plus a discussion of enabling platforms for active welfare, and their implications for European R&D policies. (An online book about the 56 cases at the centre of Emude will be published in April).
The Emude consortium includes
– Politecnico di Milano, INDACO Department, Italy
– National Institute for Consumer Research, Norway
– Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research, Netherlands
– Strategic Design Scenarios, Belgium
– Doors of Perception, Netherlands
– Philips Design, Netherlands
– Joint Research Centre of the European Commission, Belgium
– Central European University, Budapest Foundation, Hungary
– Consumers International, UK
– United Nations Environment Programme, USA / Kenya
Milan, 28 March, 09.30-13.00h. Politecnico di Milano, Campus Bovisa, Via Durando 10, Aula CT46.
Download invitation (pdf, 321 kb, 1 page)
Also listed on Eventful calendar on experience design
(via Doors of Perception)